Followed closely by JB Hi-Fi.
Bunnings has taken the top spot in a new study into the visitation of Australian retail websites, ahead of JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and Kogan.
The research by global discount platform Cuponation found that Bunnings had 25.58 million hits to its site between January and March this year. However, when international sites were added into the mix, eBay was the clear winner with 215.38 million hits in the same period, ahead of Amazon, which was ranked in second position.
Top 10 most visited Australian websites:
- Bunnings: 25.58 million hits
- JB Hi-Fi: 25.06 million hits
- Woolworths: 19.28 million hits
- Officeworks: 15.90 million hits
- Coles: 14.61 million hits
- Kmart: 14.54 million hits
- Harvey Norman: 13.99 million hits
- Kogan: 12.37 million hits
- Big W: 11.07 million hits
- Catch of the Day: 8.98 million hits
Cuponation noted, “Users from Australia are big consumers of foreign websites. Indeed, ebay and Amazon are favourite online shopping destinations. It’s a big challenge for domestic websites to keep up with the foreign ones. The competition is hitting hard and consumers tend to find alternatives in other markets and through other e-commerce channels.”