Logitech has confirmed its commitment to removing more carbon from the environment than produced, striving to achieve climate positivity by 2030.
Since 2019, Logitech has reduced Scope 1 and 2 emissions by over 56%, a 74% decrease in carbon intensity, and a 21% reduction in Scope 3 value chain emissions since 2021.
Central to Logitech’s sustainability strategy is its ‘Design for Sustainability’ approach, focusing on transitioning to lower-impact materials, promoting circular alternatives, and addressing hidden impacts in the early stages of product design. This approach is critical, given sourcing materials and manufacturing processes currently account for 65% of the organization’s total carbon footprint.
Key highlights from the sustainability journey include:
- Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic: Nearly two-thirds of Logitech products now incorporate post-consumer recycled plastic.
- FSC-Certified Packaging: Over 50% of new products feature FSC-certified packaging.
- Product Carbon Footprint Labelling: Logitech has pledged to carbon label products, with 42% of products shipped in 2022 bearing a product carbon footprint label.
- Renewable Energy: Increasingly incorporating materials made with renewable energy into product lines.
- Renewable Electricity: Logitech’s global facilities are powered by 94% renewable electricity.
Logitech head of B2B for Australia and New Zealand, Sean Byrne said, “As businesses worldwide integrate sustainability into their models, we recognise the necessity of this paradigm shift. Sustainable practices not only benefit the planet but also the bottom line. Embracing energy efficiency, waste reduction, and resource management can lead to substantial cost savings over time, demonstrating that sustainability and profitability coexist harmoniously.
“Sustainability is emerging as a powerful differentiator in a competitive market, offering rich opportunities for innovation. Companies that embrace sustainability can unlock new possibilities, create value, and set themselves apart. The shift towards sustainability not only helps save the planet but leads to growth, innovation, and long-term success.”