UPDATED: This article has been updated to include both Philips’ retail and commercial distributors.
In light of the news from yesterday that Cellnet has picked up the Philips accessories distribution, and in light of broad channel strategy and recent divestments, we thought it best to disambiguate the various paths to retail employed by the Australian subsidiary of the famous Dutch company.
Here is the list of all current Philips distributors for consumer products (products in brackets are indicative only and not meant to represent the full range of models available):
- Breville for Philips personal care and garment care (shavers, irons, steam systems).
- BPM for Philips oral health care and Avent (baby care products).
- Philips Saeco for coffee, kitchen appliances, floorcare and hair care (coffee machines, Jamie Oliver benchtop cookers, vacuum cleaners).
- Tempo Australia for Philips TVs.
- Powermove Australia for Philips-branded AV, headphones, home cinema sound, cables, universal remote controls in Australia.
- Cellnet for Philips-branded batteries, flash memory and power on-the-go mobile accessories.
- Pudney & Lee for Philips- branded AV, headphones, home cinema sound, cables, universal remote controls in New Zealand.
And here are Philips authorised distributors for commercial products:
- Avico Electronics for hotel television and professional displays.
- Westan for professional displays.
- Ingram Micro for professional displays and monitors.
If other suppliers with similarly distributed distribution channels would like a similar clarifying article, please email the editor.