Sell and install new energy-efficient reverse cycle air conditioners for the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program.
The Victorian government is providing incentives for households and businesses across the state to upgrade their heating and cooling appliances.
The Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program is a voluntary government initiative providing rebates for consumers installing eligible reverse cycle air conditioners and hot water heaters.
“The Victorian Energy Upgrade program is excited to offer a new opportunity for air conditioning installers. From 31 May 2023, businesses can sell and install energy efficient reverse cycle air conditioners which are eligible for government rebates,” Victorian government director of the energy efficiency branch, Kirralee Tyndall said.
“The new products benefit consumers across Victoria through lower power bills, as well as contribute to the state’s significant efforts to curb greenhouse emissions. Furthermore, this is a state-wide opportunity. If you are selling or installing eligible air conditioners in Victoria, this opportunity is for you.”
Why get involved?
- A competitive advantage for your business. Offer discounts to your customers, through rebates on energy-efficient products.
- Customer demand. As the push for electrification intensifies, replacing old and inefficient gas products means big business.
- Don’t miss the boat. Energy efficiency and electrification is a growing industry. Incorporate VEU rebates into your sales model now and be ahead of the game.
- Goodwill from your customers. You’ll be installing energy efficient devices, which mean lower energy bills.
- No matter where you are in Victoria, you can do this work. This is a state-wide opportunity.
- Increase your environmental credentials. The VEU reduces greenhouse emissions significantly and is the Victorian Government’s main energy efficiency program.
- Offer your customers a superior product. All products in the program are approved, reliable and quality assured.
How to get involved
You can either become an accredited provider to process rebates and become responsible for compliance under the VEU program. Alternatively, you can work with an accredited provider who can process the rebate on your behalf and clip the ticket.
Get involved today
To find out more, visit: VEU for tradespeople page.