With the COVID-19 outbreak changing daily, Mitsubishi Electric has modified the way it performs business, general manager for national sales, Zane Barron has told Appliance Retailer.
“The health and wellbeing of our people and our business partners must be our highest priority and we will take the necessary precautions to ensure this,” he said.
“It is imperative that we all observe all advice provided by the relative authorities whilst conducting our business. This includes adopting appropriate social distancing and maintaining high level personal hygiene.
“We continue to reinforce this message with all our staff. This includes:
- Regularly wash hands thoroughly and/or utilise hand sanitiser
- Maintain social distancing – minimise close contact with others
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene (cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing)
- Stay at home if you feel unwell (do not come to work if you have a fever or cough)
“Many business partners have communicated that they do not wish to have sales visitors in their businesses due to the current situation. Meetings with external business partners are being reviewed and where possible, we are performing meetings with external parties via phone or video call.
“When face to face meetings are essential, we ask staff to minimise the length of the meeting, the number of attendees and continue to observe social distancing.
“These are challenging times and our thoughts are with our customers and our staff as we all navigate the coming months.”