The Olsent brand is continuing to cause headaches for Masters Home Improvement, with the Olsent 6 Outlet Powerboard recalled due to a risk of overheating and fire. It is the fourth recall for Olsent products in recent months.
The ACCC recall notice states: “The electrical contacts of the sockets are poorly aligned and the plastic enclosure does not meet the flammability requirements of the applicable standard.”
In September an Olsent 4 outlet Powerboard sold nationwide through Masters Home Improvement was recalled for the same reason; poorly aligned sockets and the plastic enclosure did not meet the flammability requirements which could cause a risk of overheating or fire.
The Olsent Weatherproof Outdoor Power Kit was also recalled in August because it included the affected model of 4 outlet Olsent powerboard.
In August Olsent electrical cabling was recalled as part of a broader recall of Infinity brand electrical cables, which affected multiple retailers and wholesalers.
Update: Olsent powerboards (listed below) have also been recalled by the Home Timber & Hardware Group. The products were sold in Home Timber & Hardware, Plants Plus and Thrifty‐Link stores across Australia from July 2011 to September 2014. Consumers should stop using the 4 and 6 outlet powerboards and return them to their nearest Home Timber & Hardware, Plants Plus and Thrifty‐Link store to receive a full refund.
- Olsent Powerboard 4 Outlet Wide w/SP Model: D06‐4F marked with Approval Identifier on unit: Q050594
- Olsent Powerboard 6 Outlet Wide w/SP Model: D06‐6F marked with Approval Identifier on unit: Q050594
- Olsent Powerboard 4 Outlet 2 Pack Model: PG4PB marked with Approval Identifier on unit: RCM 5251
- Olsent Powerboard 4 Outlet Model: PG‐4PBS marked with Approval Identifier on unit: RCM5251
The recall notice published yesterday for the 6 outlet powerboards said the faulty models were sold nationally in Masters Home Improvement stores from September 2011 to September 2014.
The numbers identifying the affected models are located on the bottom of the power boards and are listed below:
- Model LA‐026A marked with electrical approval SAA111929EA
- Model PG‐6PB marked with the Regulatory Compliance Mark and supplier identification 5251
Consumers should stop using the LA‐026A and PG‐6PB 6 outlet power boards and return them to their nearest Masters Home Improvement store to receive a full refund.