By Martin Vedris
SYDNEY: They are one-of-a-kind Hoover Freemotion vacuum cleaners ‘designed’ by celebrities to be auctioned off for Ian Kiernan’s ‘Clean Up Australia’ charity campaign and interested bidders can now go online to secure their favourite one.
As part of Hoover Floorcare’s recent 100th birthday celebrations, celebrities were asked to decorate a Hoover Freemotion vacuum cleaner with their own personal style. Now the artworks are being auctioned online with all proceeds going to the Clean Up Australia charity.
The celebrity designer teams are:
• INXS guitarist Kirk Pengilly and world champion surfer Layne Beachley
• Fashion designer Carla Zampatti and artist Allegra Spender
• Chairman of Clean Up Australia and prominent Australian Ian Kiernan
• Media personality Bianca Dye and artist Rozee Cutrone
• Fashion Designer, Charlie Brown
• The Bondi Rescue Boys – from Network Ten’s Bondi Rescue hit TV show
• Sky News Australia journalist Natalie Murray
• Totally Wild presenter Pip Russell
• Big Brother and Download presenter, Mike Goldman
• Media personality Sam de Brito and artist Nina Maskiell
• Mt Everest survivor, adventurer Lincoln Hall
• Radio personalities, Mikey Robins, Tony Squires and Bec Wilson
The online auction ends on Friday 28 November, and bidders can go online at www.hooverfloorcare.com.au to place a bids.