By Martin Vedris
SYDNEY: Asus and HP are the first two computer brands offering notebooks with new Intel Centrino 2 processors for sale in Harvey Norman following the official Intel launch today.
“It was quite a bit of work to make it happen but with the launch today and the interest high, we wanted to have product in stores,” said HP’s market development manager consumer notebooks, Ben Baumgarten.
HP’s DV5 – 1055TX model (RRP $1,599) is available today. It features the Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor. The DV5 – 1055TX also has a 15 inch screen, 320 GB hard drive and two GB RAM.
Asus is also selling a Centrino 2 model today, the M51VA with the Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 processor. It also has a 15 inch screen, a 320 GB hard drive, four GB RAM, it is running Windows Vista Ultimate and Asus has managed to fit a numeric keypad to the right of the keyboard. The RRP is approximately $2,000.
The five Intel Core 2 Duo processors launched into the Australian market are:
- T9600 (2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache, 35w TDP)
- T9400 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache, 35w TDP)
- P9500 (2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 6MB L2 Cache, 25w TDP)
- P8600 (2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache, 25w TDP)
- P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache, 25w TDP)