By Martin Vedris
AIRLIE BEACH, QLD: Over 50 delegates from Fujitsu General, including sales staff, branch and state managers, as well as senior management from across Australia attended the company’s 11th national sales conference at the Coral Sea Resort, Airlie Beach from 14 to 18 June.
The company evaluated Fujitsu General’s performance over the past 12 months in the Australian air conditioning industry. Strategic sales and marketing plans for its domestic and commercial air conditioning markets were also announced.
Duncan Armstrong, three time Olympian, Olympic gold medalist and past 200 m men’s freestyle world record holder featured as the special guest presenter. Armstrong motivated the Fujitsu delegates, asking them to overcome their obstacles, uncover their best and work as a team to achieve success.
Also among the guests were sporting celebrity and Fujitsu ambassador Mark Taylor and owner and lead driver of the Fujitsu Racing Team in the V8 Supercars Championship series, Jason Bright.
As part of an ongoing company sales training program, Bob Johnson from Turning Point Training and Development was back again this year to facilitate several group work sessions throughout the conference.
The conference culminated in Fujitsu General’s annual gala awards night which saw a number of employees recognised for their outstanding contributions in both sales and performance excellence.
Key awards included:
• Company Distinction Award: Heather Hughes, Victoria branch manager
• Salesperson of the Year: Darrin Ede, NSW sales engineer / executive
• Joint runners-up Salesperson of the Year: Hovik Markarian, NSW sales executive and Peter Loughnan, WA sales engineer / executive
• State Manager of the Year: Ronnie Hinch, Qld
• Runner-up State Manager of the Year: Geoff Gale, WA