By Martin Vedris
SYDNEY: This year’s Electrical Retailing Awards (ERAs) were the biggest yet with a 26.5 per cent increase on last year’s attendances. Record numbers turned out to celebrate as the country’s leading retailers and suppliers received recognition from their industry peers.
Retailers vote for the supplier of the year awards and suppliers vote for the retailer of the year awards. So these awards are a barometer of the strength of the relationships between retailers and suppliers.
In the supplier award categories, Sony won the most number of awards in its respective categories but the competition was closer than in any year before.
The winners of the supplier awards are:
- Audio Brand Of The Year: Sony
- Computer Brand Of The Year: HP
- Cooking Brand Of The Year: Westinghouse
- Cooling Brand Of The Year: Panasonic
- Dishwasher Brand Of The Year: Electrolux Dishlex
- Floorcare Brand Of The Year: Dyson
- Heating Brand Of The Year: De’Longhi
- Home Office Brand Of The Year: HP
- Home Theatre Brand Of The Year: Sony
- Imaging Brand Of The Year: Sony
- Laundry Brand Of The Year: Fisher & Paykel
- Microwave Brand Of The Year: Sharp
- Personal Care Brand Of The Year: Philips
- Phone Brand Of The Year: Uniden
- Refrigeration Brand Of The Year: Westinghouse
- Small Appliance Brand Of The Year: Sunbeam
- Visual Brand Of The Year: Panasonic
Whitegoods provided a whitewash of the major supplier awards this year with the award winners being:
- Product Of The Year: Fisher & Paykel, Aquasmart
- Supplier Of The Year: Electrolux Home Products
Look out for the June issue of ‘Appliance Retailer’ magazine which will contain a full souvenir report of the ERAs evening including photos of all the award winners.