An industry-first event.
The Large Format Retail Association (LFRA) will gather large format retail industry giants to celebrate their achievements at the inaugural LFRA Gala Awards dinner at Crown Melbourne on 28 November 2019.
LFRA CEO, Philippa Kelly said the Gala Awards dinner is a first for the industry and the black-tie event is a way to recognise and celebrate members as leaders, not only within the large format retail sector, but in Australian retail overall.
“We are expecting over 700 people to attend these inaugural awards. The dinner will also celebrate the 20th anniversary of the LFRA, formally known as the Bulky Goods Retailers Association,” she said.
“I encourage members and non-members alike to be involved in this night. Members can apply for one of the many awards, with entries closing on Monday 21 October.”
Awards presented on the night include:
- Agent of the Year – Individual
- Centre Manager of the Year – Individual
- Service Provider of the Year – Individual
- Best Application of an Innovation – Organisation
- Sustainability Initiative – Organisation
- Marketing Campaign of the Year – Organisation
- Large Format Retailer of the Year
- Developer of the Year
- Warwick Shedden Memorial Award
Large Format Retail is the fastest growing sector of the Australian retail industry, comprising of approximately 35% of all retail floor space and 25.1% (or $81.7 billion per annum) of all retail sales in Australia, as of financial year 2019. The LFRA comprises members such as Bunnings, Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi and Officeworks, among others.