To work in the company’s Melbourne office.
V-Zug head of international markets, Ralph Kobsik, who is currently the acting head of sales and marketing for the Australian subsidiary told Appliance Retailer the role is currently being recruited with the assistance of International Marketing Manager, Cornel Frei. Kobsik was appointed to V-Zug earlier this year, following the departure of Mark Tragear.
The decision to hire a dedicated trade marketing manager follows the announcement of an internal restructure which has seen the appointment of a new Head of Finance and Administration and the expansion of sales roles for two key account managers servicing the retailers.
In the advertisement used to recruit for the new role, V-Zug reinforces its slogan of ‘Swiss perfection for your home’.
“For more than 100 years, we at V-Zug have made it our mission to make everyday life easier through our high-quality, innovative household appliances. Whether they are cooking, washing dishes or doing laundry, people who expect their appliances to deliver more than just the basics need look no further than V-Zug. As the Swiss market leader, we live by Swiss values – and make it possible for people all over the world to experience these with simple, individual solutions that provide lifelong inspiration and delight. This is what we mean by ‘Swiss perfect for your home’.
In the job description of the role, V-Zug has requested the following:
- Develop strong relationships with key marketing managers in our retail network
- Regular visits to the retail market to ensure knowledge is current across all opposition brands
- Maintain and plan all retailer displays with the sales department
- Create and update marketing materials such as price lists, annual catalogues, price tickers, special promotions through local graphic designers or the graphic design department at HQ
- Work with the sales force both retail and commercial in marketing activities and actions to help develop our brand awareness while looking for a sales result
- Support demand planning to ensure stock availability for commercial and retail promotions
- Develop and implement marketing activities and align those with retailers, local sales organisation as well as HQ in Switzerland
- Ensure all retail, commercial and marketing presentations are consistent with corporate messages always imbedded
- Source and overview promotional giveaways
- Maintain website and overview social media channels
- Work with our Swiss counterparts to ensure launch dates of new products are planned and any marketing or product information is planned into our calendar
- Work with existing CI (corporate identity) ensuring brand integrity is maintained and adhered to across all communications
- Support and/or organise events in our showrooms and throughout our retailer networks
- Frequent interstate and eventually international travels are required
Requirements and pre-requisites for the role include:
- Degree in marketing or trade marketing
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar B2B focused role
- Existing contacts to retailers and/or buying groups in the whitegoods industry would be an enormous advantage
- Outgoing and hands on personality
- Polished writing skills
- Intermediate to high skill level in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Ability to prepare reports and Powerpoint presentations to senior management and overseas HQ if required
- Strong administration skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interest in maintaining websites, social media channels and e-newsletters
- Ability to determine priorities in managing workload including the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances