Messe Berlin is expanding in to China with a massive Fair next year.
The inaugural CE China exhibition has been created with a sole focus on consumer electronics and home appliances and has the support of leading Chinese retailers Alibaba and Gome.
CE China will be held at the Shenzen Convention & Exhibition Center from 20-22 April 2016. Messe Berlin said this will ensure ideal timing for retail orders in view of Chinese holidays.
According to Messe Berlin, “CE China brings decades of IFA expertise, knowledge, networks and innovations and takes place in China’s most advanced pilot region of Shenzen, right next to Hong Kong and Macau and in the midst of highly prosperous Southern China.
“CE China is the brand new trade show dedicated to consumer electronics and home appliances and is a platform that unites international exhibitors with Chinese retailers keen to bring new products to their customers,” the company said.
“Favourable market conditions and a growing consumer base mean the time is right for CE China. The show has gained support of key government, Chinese retailers and the international consumer electronics and home appliances community. What’s more the show is developed by Messe Berlin, the team behind the world’s largest consumer electronics show, IFA.”
Chinese market facts:
– In 2014-2015, China’s consumer electronics industry grew 5% to US$281.1 billion.
– In 2016, China’s retail market will be worth US$4.2 trillion.
– By 2020, the share of urban households earning US$16,000 a year or more will grow to 57% from 8% in 2012.
– 44% of Chinese internet users say that they find and use new technology products and services as much as possible.
– By 2030, China’s middle class will spend US$10 trillion a year on technology and related services.