By Patrick Avenell
Marantz has today officially released its new Consolette docking station, first unveiled at a launch event on 31 August 2012. Two weeks later, Apple unveiled the iPhone 5’s new Lightning connector, meaning this RRP $1,650 30-pin dock requires an optional accessory to work with the latest iPhones, iPods and iPads.
Local distributor QualiFi stressed that the Consolette can do much more than just playback music a la an iPod Dock, listing the following features in its media release:
• Solid construction with luxury materials
• Class leading sound quality from advanced audio engineering
• AirPlay Wireless Music Streaming from any Apple iOS device
• Docks and charges any iPod, iPhone and iPad with a 30-pin dock connector
• Easy connection to the home network with Marantz NetLink or integrated WPS function
• Wireless music streaming from any Apple iOS, Android device and Windows device
• Music Streaming from storage devices connected to the home network
• Built-in Internet Radio with more than 17,000 stations
• Easy operation through dedicated Apps for iOS and Android
Apple currently sells Lightning to 30-pin Adaptors starting from RRP $35.