Dick Smith again recalls overheating, fire hazard DVD player

By Patrick Avenell

Dick Smith Electronics, a Woolworths Limited company, has issued a recall on its home brand 9" Portable DVD/Media Player. A similar recall for a similar product was first issued in January 2011.

According to the ACCC's Product Recalls website, "In rare cases the internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery may overheat" and that, "overheating batteries are a potential fire hazard".

Click here to sign up for our FREE daily newsletter

Follow Current.com.au on Twitter

This product was sold nationally between August 2011 and 26 July 2012.

Consumers who purchased this product should immediately cease using it and return it to any Dick Smith store for a full refund.

This recall is the latest in a series of serious recalls for Woolworths home brand electrical products.

Recalled: Dick Smith 9" Portable DVD/Media Player.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*