Sony has delivered its best ever result at the European Imaging and Sound Association Awards, with six awards across categories like digital imaging and video production, personal audio and video editing software.
According to Sony it received six accolades in the following categories:
– European Personal Media Player – Walkman X Series (NWZ-X1050/1060)
– European Compact Camera – Cyber-shot DSC-WX1
– European HD Camcorder – Handycam HDR-XR520V / XR520
– European Zoom Lens – G Lens 70 – 400mm F4-5.6 G SSM
– European Video Projector – BRAVIA VPL-VW85
– European HD Video Editing Solution – Vegas Pro 9 by Sony Creative Software
Paul Colley, technology communications manager at Sony Australia, commented on the win.
“This best-ever result at the 2009-2010 EISA Awards proves not only our leadership in home entertainment through the awarded home theatre projector, but also that Sony’s product innovation is of the highest global standard,” he said.
“Even though the EISA Awards are given to European products, Sony’s Australian customers can be confident that their purchase has been endorsed by an independent, highly respected source.”
EISA is the largest editorial multimedia organisation in Europe, with a membership of nearly 50 audio, mobile electronics, video and photo magazines drawn from 20 European countries. This year’s award winners were selected after the deliberations of a judging panel comprising journalists and independent technical experts.
A special gala event will be held on 4 September 2009 in Berlin to present the awards to winners.