By Patrick Avenell
Sampford IXL has announced a raft of new staff appointments and movements, many of them inspired by market conditions.
Due to the large number of changes within the group, Sampford IXL CEO Malcolm Owens is calling this a restructure, and the goal of this restructure, as with most, is streamlining.
“I firmly believe this restructure is the best way to represent our brands, meet customer expectations and put us in a strong position for an even stronger future,” said Owens.
“Change is never easy, but it’s the only way to improve and be the best. We’ve got great people, excellent brands and a business model that’s improving every day.”
The staff movements include:
• Peter Breen, formally IXL national sales manager is now the general manager sales.
• Andrew Mumford is the southern region sales manager – major kitchen appliances, handling Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
• Michael Reid is the northern region sales manager – major kitchen appliances, handling New South Wales, Queensland and the territories.
• Gary Chalmers is the national sales manager – cannon & utilities.
• Matthew Ahern is the national training & development manager.
• Melissa Pickering is the national commercial manager.
• Alicia Fenwick is in a new marketing manager role. She was previously the senior brand manager – major kitchen appliances.
Mumford and Reid report to Breen, while Pickering and Feniwck report to CEO Malcolm Owens.