By Martin Vedris
SYDNEY: The 2008 Retravision Southern Conference was recently held at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, with the event culminating in a gala dinner on Sunday 7 September.
On Saturday 6 September, a member’s meeting was held where discussions took place in regard to strategic direction and change within the Retravision business.
“This was in line with the theme of the event, which was ‘The Changing face of Retravision”,” said Retravision Southern Limited CEO, Tim Cockayne.
“The conference was attended by a large percentage of our members and they spent Sunday and Monday visiting suppliers, looking at new product, negotiating and placing orders,” Cockayne said.
The gala dinner held was held at Crown Palladium and was attended by 850 people including members, suppliers, employees and guests.
“The theme for the evening was masquerade and the highlight was the presentations of the annual awards,” Cockayne said.
The winners of the 2008 Retravision Southern Awards are:
- Supplier of the year: Electrolux
- Store of the Year: Mount Waverley Retravision
- Large Format Store of the Year: Hardy’s Retravision
- Representative of the year:
- Tasmania: Electrolux, Heath Sturzaker
- NSW: Fisher & Paykel, Bobi Vajdevski
- Vic: Fisher & Paykel, George Alikakos
- ‘Going The Extra Mile’ Store Award: Sale Retravision