By Chris Nicholls
SYDNEY: CEDIA has announced it has sold 60 per cent of floor space for this year’s CEDIA Expo 2008, six months before the show opens.
The 2008 show will be the first time the Expo will include both residential and commercial exhibitors. Commercial sectors to be represented include corporate, government, defence, hospitality, pubs and clubs, houses of worship, amusement parks and higher education.
The show will also expand its Custom Installation Awards to include a commercial installation project category, coinciding with the show’s expansion, as well as a ‘Best Project Documentation’ award.
The total list of awards for 2008:
• Best Integrated Home Installation under $150,000
• Best Integrated Home Installation $150,000 – $300,000
• Best Integrated Home Installation over $300,000
• Best Home Theatre under $50,000
• Best Home Theatre $50,000 – $100,000
• Best Home Theatre over $100,000
• Best Media Room
• Best Special Project – Domestic
• Best Special Project – Commercial
• Best Dressed System (Residential)
• Best Project Documentation
Entry is open to all CEDIA Electronics Systems Professional (ESP) members. Awards will be announced on Friday August 1.