De’Longhi acquires 40% of Swiss coffee machine manufacturer

To step into professional market.

The De’Longhi Group has acquired 40% of Swiss-based premium professional coffee machine manufacturer, Eversys SA, with a two-way option to transfer the remaining 60% of the Eversys business to De’Longhi in the next two to four years.

This agreement marks the entry of De’Longhi in the professional espresso coffee machine market, with a focus on fully automatic models.

De’Longhi Group CEO and vice-chairman, Fabio De’Longhi (pictured) commented, “Eversys brings a wealth of technology, a management team with proven experience in the sector and the ambition to become a leading player in the global professional coffee market. This partnership is also driven by the technological, industrial and distribution synergies, which De’Longhi is able to assure.”

In a company statement, Eversys said, “The partnership between the two businesses joins together our super automatic coffee technology and proven experience in the professional coffee market with the global in-home expertise of the De’Longhi Group. The synergies will strengthen our position in the market, contributing to the continued growth of Eversys and our ambition to be a leading player in the professional coffee market.

“The deal supports our ambitious plans by providing the resource to continue our investment in our business. Our plans include the development of a new state-of-the-art factory, enhancement of our team and infrastructure and improved products and services. We will continue to operate as a strategically separate entity, led by the existing management team. Our business base remains in Ardon, the Region of the Valais, Switzerland.”

The Eversys Group was founded in 2009 in Switzerland and is headquartered in Ardon. It is active in the design and integrated production of espresso coffee makers for professional users and had revenues of about 17.3 million swiss francs (A$22.8 million) in 2016, 48% year-on-year growth. Its clients include leading restaurant and luxury hotel chains.

The closing of the transaction is expected by mid-July 2017.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA

*